I have made this home page a place for my diary-type entries, with more creative writing and my 'Thoughts and Comments' section available using the tabs above...

Friday, June 15, 2012

More storms

For a second week, the days before the weekend are windblown and wet.  I am sitting in the library at North Haven, after a lunchtime meeting and several cups of tea.  Out over St Brides a tanker rolls on the swell, and thousands of Shearwaters criss cross, just above the grey waves. 

Breakers hit the Mew Stone, with Skokholm beyond

Today my first Razorbill chick reached its official fledging date: the day where I can count its parents as successful.  Its fate on jumping from the cliff is, of course, yet to be decided, but for my figures it is the success of rearing offspring that counts.  This evening we have a party (after the football!) to mark the end of Molly's stay, and to say goodbye to this week's volunteers (although they are unlikely to be able to leave until Sunday given the weather...) Hopefully I will be able to visit my sites again tomorrow afternoon (if the wind lessens) and tick off some more successful chicks!

I have added a short descriptive piece to my Creative Writing page, so check it out if you like...

No comments:

Post a Comment